Monday, February 12, 2007

can i have a date too?

My weekend was a blast! After a very hectic week, 2 days off work is like heaven. At the same time my wife, (who, at the moment, is living the real doctors-for-the-people experience by being a resident in the biggest government hospital in the Philippines) had her weekend off. Enough time to spend our valentine’s ahead of the 14th plus quality time with the kids plus plus a visit with lolo and lola.

Valentine’s. We went to Makati and watched midnight cinema, curse of the golden flower (bosoms) – chow yun fat, gong li, jay chou. (I know, this movie is not for the season of hearts, I was actually inviting marsmyloves for a mushy “Holiday” movie, but it already started 30 mins). So, we watched a Chinese movie, I initially thought was dubbed in english (like the Jackie Chan’s) but to my surprise it wasn’t! Thank God there’s subtitles. I thought my date was ruined, but it turned out quite the contrary, my wife liked the movie and told me “I don’t need to watch mushy movies, I already have you” ahhh, I love you mars. J Walking along vibrant Makati district, you can see yuppies (young professionals) and highschoolers probably from their prom night. It was a nice evening, some enchanting evening indeed. Then we went to a joyride, its nice to drive without the traffic.

Sunday morning. Yuan was asking where did we go last night? We said ,we watched a movie at the “big tv”. “You had a date?” he asked. (At the age of 4, kids already know what date is?) Smart kiddo, “yeah we had a date”. “Are you getting married?” he added. “Yuan, we’re already married, that’s why we have you and Kyan.” Sometimes, you wonder, how do kids get ideas of dating, marriage, etc. if we think our lolos and lolas as old fashioned, how do kids think of us now? And the question of the day popped out! “Can I have a date too?” endless questions from a kiddo, sometimes you worry that you might actually run out of answers. And yes, it does happen! So, I carried little Yuan, put him in my lap and told him. “Of course! But always remember, you don’t have to hurry, you have all the time in the world, when you grow up, you will have plenty of dating (daddy will not fund it though, hehehe) but for now, you can only date mommy together with daddy and little Kyan. Deal? He smiled and gave me a confused look (I wonder why, hehe) ….. then, he went straight to the room and had a “date” with the playstation!

Happy Valentines! Marsmyloves, I love you!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, this reminds me of the Valentines that I never had, haha.

Valentines day was never a special day for me even when I was still married, much to the dismay of my ex-wife. I hate the traffic and the crowds...

But it's nice to see you found time from your schedule to have a date with your, err... marsmyloves? Wow! Term of endearment, hehe. :-)

rheiboy17 said...

snglguy: so, you were not a snglguy afterall, er well, in your past life i mean.
happy valentines man!

Charlie said...

wow rheiboy! you have a smart kid! very advanced for his age, hehehe

rheiboy17 said...

charlie: it comes with the genes *ahem :)
i'm sure your kid/s will be smart, too - you know the drill :)

Unknown said...

haay...sweet...good thing for your wife..most ladies have always been wanting to have a date every valentine's day.

sana kasing sweet mo ang asawa ko hahaha!!!!

dude, visit me more at http://myrlyndeleon.livejournal.com

i seldom blog at friendster eh...hehehe..para me reader naman ako duon hehe

rheiboy17 said...

myrlyn! happy heart's day! tonight i plan to go out with marsmyloves together with the kids naman.

i will definitely visit the site, and yeah, im an avid reader of your post, hehehe

Anonymous said...

I don't miss dating ha ha ha!!! but i miss cute kids like yuan... i missed kyan too last weekend :-)

rheiboy17 said...

yeah, you missed the weekend. cute ni abby, pinanggigigilan ko nga eh.
yuan and kyan will probably visit taytay every weekend..... er, it depends on how toxic mom and dad is though :)

ate, why dont you make a blogpost, i will definitely visit your site often (once you have one, this is therapeutic - an avenue to express yourself and forget (temporarily) the corporate world)

Anonymous said...

This is my last visit to your blog as His Excellency (i was forced to step down from my position).

Anyway kuya rebz, i realized that you can be corny also even if you're married...wahahahahaha! joke lang!

I like your kid. very smart, wag lang maging wais yan pag hihingi ng baon...hahahahaha...

This Valentine's Day, I had a date too...with myself. I went to the cinema alone, i ate at a cheap restaurant alone, and i bought a gift for myself. And i was so pathetically happy. Walang magagawa eh, si Loren nasa ibang lupalop ng italy.

And about dating, you're right. You should always tell your kids that it's not easy to date a girl. It can cause lots of problems especially if you're still a student. You can easily get frustrated with your time, priorities and...MONEY!

INYONG LINGKOD,

Charles Bayan

rheiboy17 said...

Charles Bayan: (wow, this really keeps the flame of patriotism in you alive, nice name huh :) )

corny, yeah, crazy little thing called love.

you will find your true north, God has His own plan for you. Bata ka pa naman *wink

i miss being a student, you go to school everyday, never worrying on daily workload, simple - just study. you have your own "salary" from mom and dad, and you can go out with friends with the extra's you saved, now that i'm working (and supporting a smart kiddo to school plus another little rascal), i realized that your month's salary can just vanish in a week, er in a day or two!

no complaints though, its for the family naman. so always be greatful with mom and dad who shaped us to become who we are right now - responsible citizens/netizens (who are we anyways? :) )