Thursday, February 15, 2007

so who's the next American Idol?


I just watched American idol final 24 episode. I remember last year, when I didn’t miss week after week after week - from start to finish. It was exactly this time that I was reviewing for the board exam and at the same time going on 24-hour duties “moonlighting” in historic Cavite (prior to my present job, I was hopping from one hospital to another rendering my “hands that heal” to the people in need of compassionate attention). Yup, multitask – work, entertain, leisure, review all rolled into one.

This time, I’m watching AI in the comforts of my own home. My moonlighting days long gone. But this time I have missed 2 weeks of Idol, can’t help it though, with my present job comes late hours in a meeting or reading must-knows all the time. No complaints, you win some and lose some, hence, I lost some AI episodes.

Final 24. Last year I saw Sway Panelo (a Filipino in the F24) booted-out, how a squirming operatic performer ruined josh groban’s song (I forgot her name, but she was the first one eliminated – to no surprise), how little Paris gave her all, I indeed became an ADDICT (and I’m sure its not just me), I was there alright, I viewed all the episodes up until the finale, where the wedding singer outshined the superstar. My personal favorite though was Elliot Yamin – a commoner with the great voice.

So who will be the next American Idol? Having missed the Hollywood week, and based on what I saw tonight, its going to be one helluva show. They’re all good! Emotions into consideration – I want the single mom to be in the finals. Loyalty to Asia – there’s an Indian guy and I think a Korean (a guy named Kim) in the final 24 – hope one of them can nail it, it’s about time an Asian be in the limelight. Jasmine Trias(Filipino Hawaiian) two seasons ago was 3rd, I’m sure the whole Filipino community in the US voted for her (pahpahrapahpah, love ko ‘to!). Beauty? Well, most of them are a feast to the eye – Barba and another one who looks like Mariah are standouts. Commoner appeal – I’d say Sundance and the other big guy (the one who said “the reason I call for this meeting blah blah”). And before I forget, that “little miss dolittle”, the one with a short neck (or does she have a neck, which reminds me, giraffe girl didnt make it, sigh), the back-up singer – she’s outstanding!

So who’s the next American Idol? We just have to watch the show week after week after week. (I hope I can……..)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that this year's batch of hopefuls are good. But they seem to be lacking an X factor unlike last year when I can very well predict Kat Mcphee making it to the finals even before Hollywood week and the year before that when I predicted Carrie Underwood will be IT even during the auditions.

Anyways, it's still too early to tell... :-)

rheiboy17 said...

yeah, its still too early to tell.... do little has a good voice, but she doesnt have the "star factor"

hey, while on my way to work, i heard in the radio, that there's one who is actually a "filipino" - AJ toralba (not sure of the surname) er maybe he just said it being a product of different races means additional votes...... hmmmm

Charlie said...

Dude, it's AJ Tabaldo, part Filipino and Portuguese with Spanish, French, Italian and Chinese blood.

rheiboy17 said...

charlie: thanks man, yeah dude its TABALDO - tabatsuy and bald-kalbo!

hope he will make us proud :) he looks 90 % filipino, other race.... well maybe he just made it up for the votes...

who do you think will win this time?

duke said...

i'm watching the top 12 guys right now and it's currently on the 4th or 5th singer and i have not yet heard a good one. but it's always like that in the first round.

anyway, i think i like Sligh and Sundance for their personality. not so much for their vocal prowess.

duke said...

ok, blake lewis just finished singing. and he did a great job. finally, one good performance in tonight's episode. i hope the next ones will be good too.

rheiboy17 said...

i missed it! again! how did that ethnic mutt fair?