Monday, January 15, 2007

netizen in distress

i have a deadline to beat. i was in front of the computer all night to finish some stuff and slept at the same time the sun was having his majestic entrace at this side of the planet.

12noon, my little rascals are jumpin all over me, askin me open the computer and play DISNEY! (sorry guys, give me a break, its weekend - kids rule and i allow them to use the net - weekdays is a no no). To my surprise (or dismay) i cant access the net! Imagine the reaction of my kids - the tantrums and all, no matter how well you can explain the situation to the kids, believe me it will not work! so i called the service provider - glitch again. taiwanquake really made an impact. i read in one daily's that their workin on it already - exploring the seabed and fixing the cables (reminds me of fix you by coldplay). fix it, fix it, please, please please.......

kids? you know how they are, after a while they will give up as if nothin happened. there they are - playing with their thorn, worn-out toys, incomplete train, robot without a head, etc etc etc. - easy to please (unlike you guys! OLD people you!)

ME? i have a deadline to beat. am now in a net cafe, sending my accomplished work-of-art to my boss. (extracharge though, sigh)

done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, this intermitent connection woes is pissing me off. I'm having a hard time commenting on blogspot these days as I kept getting timed-out. :-(

Curiously, this only happens on blogspot. Wordpress and the others don't seem to have the same problems.

Hey, thanks for linking me. Linked you as well. :-)

rheiboy17 said...

yup yup!
this intermittent connection is a pain in the a**! its mother nature tellin us to "take it slow" (pls, mama bring back speed, please)

oh well, patience is a virtue (Axl Rose from GNR said that)

no problem snglguy! keep on bloggin!